NEAR Technical Speaker Program (TSP)
In the Web3 ecosystem, there is an endless stream of events around the globe and the number of events is increasing every year. The demand for NEAR-knowledgeable speakers at these events is high, and our current model of sending core NEARians is not scalable. Thankfully, the NEAR ecosystem is full of knowledgeable, enthusiastic community members (like you!) who are well-versed on the nuances of the NEAR ecosystem.
- Amass a legion of technical (and eventually, non-technical) volunteer speakers to represent NEAR across the globe at events, conferences, meetups, and workshops.
- The NEAR TSP will empower and enable these individuals by offering guidelines, public speaking training, and a streamlined set of standards, principles, and content outlines for each speaker.
- Later phases will include decentralized content curation/management and collaborative coaching and mentorship models.
TSP COHORT INFORMATION
The TSP takes place over 5-6 weeks, with a maximum commitment of 1 hr/wk. Each session ranges from 30-45 minutes with modules led by facilitators and visiting presenters who are expert technical speakers.
Participants will have a chance to practice and workshop content with their cohort during the program, as well as access to a TSP Alumni Group to tap into for continued support.
The TSP is broken down into the following modules, with the flexibility to add modules or content based on availability and demand.
 Introduction and TSP Overview: Meet your fellow cohort members and get acquainted with the TSP
 Public Speaking 101: Become a Master of the Stage
 Technical Presentations: How to simply present complex concepts
 CFPs and You: How to write a talk proposal that organizers won’t be able to refuse
 Media Training: Learn what you can and can’t say when representing NEAR
 [OPTIONAL] Facilitator Training: How to train the next generation of NEAR Technical Speakers
 [OPTIONAL] Q&A Best Practices: How to talk about NEAR in the wild, without a script
- An engaged and active community of evangelists to represent NEAR across the globe
- Regularly maintained and easily accessible set of standardized guidelines and “playbooks” for training, content, etc.
- NEAR community members who have a vested sense of ownership in the success of the NEAR ecosystem
WHY YOU SHOULD GET INVOLVED
- Be officially recognized as an Approved NEAR Technical Speaker across the NEAR ecosystem
- Represent NEAR in your local community and region
- Receive training and access to resources/information
- Become a better public speaker
- Meet new friends
- Get some exclusive swag
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Interested in joining the TSP? Please fill out the TSP Expression of Interest form to participate in the upcoming cohorts!
ADDITIONAL INFO & RESOURCES
Approved NEAR Technical Speakers
OPEN CFPs (Call For Proposals)
TSP SPEAKER RESOURCES - various resources to leverage as you prep for your presentations (branding guidelines, speaker tips, templates)
|Technical Experts: SMEs, ecosystem project leaders
|The initial phase will seek to identify candidates who are deeply knowledgeable about the NEAR ecosystem–experts within their respective fields. These individuals should require little to no training in terms of subject matter, but may need speaker/media training. These individuals are likely leading NEAR ecosystem projects or are strong community advocates (regional hubs, DAOs, etc.)
|Web3 Experts: web3 and NEAR community leaders
|The second phase of the rollout will look to equip top contributors within the NEAR ecosystem with the resources and talking points necessary for them to speak on behalf of NEAR across the web3 ecosystem.
|NEAR Community Members
|The third phase will empower the NEAR Community to represent the NEAR ecosystem across the globe
|Regional Experts: Local community leaders and members
|The final stage of the rollout will work with local and regional community leaders to decentralize and take the TSP to the masses