on this page
- Research articles on NEAR's sharding, consensus, and economics.
- General research on blockchain platforms and their architecture
- Consensus Mechanisms: Proof of Work vs Proof of Stake
- The NEAR network in review - A report on the NEAR network by Finoa.
- Sharding Design: Nightshade - Sharding approach that is focused on sharding blocks instead of chains.
- Doomslug: block confirmation with single round of communication, and a finality gadget with guaranteed liveness - Novel consensus algorithm that allows to have super fast blocks with BFT finality.
- Fast Finality: Proof of Space-Time - A design for a fork choice rule, Sybil resistance mechanism and finality gadget that collectively provide fast finality, resistance to long range attacks, and discourage pooling.
- Economics in Sharded Blockchain - Paper reviews economic incentive design for sharded blockchains.
- Detailed overview of Ethereum 2.0 shard chains: Committees, Proposers and Attesters
- The authoritative guide to Blockchain Sharding, part 1
- Unsolved Problems in Blockchain Sharding
- How Unrealistic is Bribing Frequently Rotated Validators?
- Avalanche vs The new IOTA consensus algorithm, with a touch of Spacemesh
- Overview of Layer 2 approaches: Plasma, State Channels, Side Chains, Roll Ups
- Randomness in Blockchain Protocols
- Long Range Attacks and New Fork Choice Rule
- Introduction of NEAR Economics
- Deep Dive Into Private Transactions On NEAR
- Rainbow bridge: Ethereum-NEAR
- So what exactly is Vlad’s Sharding PoC doing?
- Exploring liveness of Avalanche
- Thresholded Proof Of Stake
- Limitations of Zilliqa’s Sharding approach